I was nominated for this award by Michelle over at The Book Adventurer! Thank you so much!
- Thank and Link the blog that nominated you
- Tell us 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer
- Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them
11 Facts About Me
♥ I am 5’2″ and this is often a source of surprise to people who meet me in person for the first time. They tend to assume I’m taller.
♥ I am a cosplayer! I have been cosplaying actively for about 8 years and more recently have had the fantastic opportunities to go to conventions with my cosplay group of 2 years and go all out.
♥ I’m originally from Maryland! I currently live in Southwest Florida, though.
♥ Speaking of, I hate hot weather. HATE it. 😡
♥ I really enjoy video games when I have the time and some of my favorites are Harvest Moon, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and Elder Scrolls.
♥ My favorite movie is Star Trek (2009), and I’m a pretty big Trekkie.
♥ I’m a Gryffindor!
♥ I’ve been over to Europe 7 times and have visited England, Scotland, Iceland, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, and Denmark.
♥ I really love history and took quite a few classes during my college years in that area despite not being a History major or minor.
♥ I have a B.A. in Anthropology with a minor in Creative Writing. (And enough credits for a second minor in History but I didn’t want to pay for the final thing to actually have the minor on my record.)
♥ I hate hate hate tomatoes.
1. Favourite season and why (what do you love about it)
Fall! Not a Florida fall, but a real fall. Like Maryland.
I love the colors, I love the smell, I love the seasonal flavors that come out. Halloween.
2. Coffee or Tea – and how do you like it?
Ooh this is a hard one. I drink about 4 cups of tea on the daily, but I actually prefer coffee or espresso drinks. I absolute love the taste.
3. If you could spend a month of your life in a TV Series – what series would you choose and what character would you be?
Does Pokemon count? I’d want to be whatever main female character is parading around, whoever that might be. If not, Star Trek? Sign me up as Kirk. If that’s too old… Teen Wolf. Stiles. I’d want to be Stiles. Or Lydia.
4. What book would you love to find under your Christmas Tree this year?
Also a tough question… Honestly, I’d be happy with whatever I’m given, since my list of books I want is so long, I’d be just as thrilled with one book as I would be with another.
5. Savoury or Sweet – and what is your favourite snack from that category?
Savory; I really like pistachios.
6. If you can be an author for one day, who would you be?
Easy! J.K. Rowling, just so I could know all the Harry Potter things she hasn’t talked about/released yet!
7. If you could have any superpower, what would you pick and why?
Is the power to read really fast and comprehend everything I’ve read an option? Maybe never forget what I read so I wouldn’t have to reread books?
Or… time manipulation?
8. If you could date a character from a book/tv series/movie who would you date?
Okay the obvious answer would be Will (shhh I still need to finish the series, they’re not even on my Goodreads! I plan on starting fresh despite having actually read halfway through Cassandra Clare’s Mortal Instruments/Infernal Devices series. I want to binge them!), but since that’s such a common answer, I think I’d have to go with Stiles Stilinski from Teen Wolf. I adore the guy.
9. What would you rather like to find – a) The door to Narnia, b) A Hogwarts acceptance letter or c) Be the rightful owner of the throne from Game of Thrones?
Dude, sign me up for Hogwarts! I love Game of Thrones but there is no way in hell I’d want to be a part of that world, and especially not on the throne! Rightful owner or not, I’d probably get assassinated in a hot minute.
10. Dogs or Cats – and do you have any?
Cats. Cats have been my passion since I was a little kid, I was that one child who sat in the library and read all of the children’s info books on cats a million times.
I do love my dogs, though. I currently have two dogs and one cat, and am working on getting a second cat to keep the first company.
11. How long have you been blogging and how are you finding it so far?
Hoo boy. Blogging. I have been blogging since about late 2008, when I first started a YouTube channel to talk about Harry Potter. I kept that going for a little bit, but ultimately shut it down about a year later and didn’t get back into it. I regret that so much now, and want to get back into YouTube. After that, I created a book blog in about 2011, which I kept for about two years, and then shut down due to schoolwork (if you’ve ever heard of Bookworkblabber from Tumblr, that was me!). And, finally, this blog is the newest go and I plan on keeping it for good, even if I get back into YouTube.
In total, I’d say I have a total of about 4 actual years of blogging under my belt.
1. What’s one TV show or movie adaptation you like more than the book?
2. Favorite place to read?
3. What is one book you will always recommend?
4. How many books are currently on your TBR list/shelves?
5. What’s one of your hobbies? (Besides reading, if that’s your main hobby)
6. What’s your favorite flavor (of anything)?
7. Do you have an OTP? What book/show are they from?
8. Do you have any phobias?
9. What’s something you really want to accomplish?
10. Movies or TV shows — which do you prefer watching?
11. Where have you always wanted to visit?