(AKA please stop autocorrecting to lobster, I am not being awarded a fantastic dinner with this.)
Thank you to Alyssa @alyssaisreading for this award, and I am SO SORRY it took so long to get to. I’m so bad about getting to these.
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
What is your favourite part of blogging?
Proooobably the ability to ramble on about whatever it is I want to ramble on about and not have to think “Oh, I shouldn’t be doing this” during, since it’s my blog and I can do what I want. (As opposed to work, which I can’t.)
What do you think are the benefits of bookstagram? And do you have an account?
Personally, I think the benefits are figuring about which books have the prettiest covers so I know what edition to purchase when I go to buy the book. But I also have a ridiculous attachment to physically beautiful books, so I’m assuming I’m the odd-man-out with this one, there are probably better benefits to bookstagram! Meeting people through pretty pictures is also cool. That’s a thing.
Also, my Instagram account can be reached on the side there (I am so bad about updating it, so be prepared for scattered updates), or here!
How long have you been blogging?
On this blog, a little over a year. Overall? Since high school, first as a project and then later as a way to talk about books to people who wanted to listen, once I had graduated college. So, officially, I’ll go with when I created my first blog, back in 2010/2011, and go from there. That would be around five years!
Favourite get psych/party song of all time?
I don’t think I have a single song since I can get psyched up by so many different songs, but I think I can safely say that anything Ke$ha fits this question to a T for me.
Which fictional character would be your travelling companion?
Hm. I feel like I want to say Hermione, since we’d probably just be reading and discussing the things we read while we went along, but honestly? I think I’d have to go for someone like Stiles Stilinksi, since I think he’d bring the excitement and keep my nose out of a book long enough to actually look around.
Unless we’re allowed to be in the world this ficitional character comes from, then Hermione all the way.
(Or Jim Kirk because, come on, motherfuckin’ SPACE BRO.)
Which Hogwarts house are you in? Or would like to be in?
Ah, yes. This fun question. I’m a Gryffindor to the bone, as I have never (and I mean virtually never) gotten any other result. However, I wouldn’t mind being placed in Hufflepuff if only because the kitchen is right there. I love the library and all, but I can just take a book to the kitchen and snack, I can’t do the other way around. Pince would murder me where I stand.
Which faction are you in? Or would like to be in?
This one’s a little harder to answer since I totally missed all those things that tell you which faction you’re in. Maybe Erudite? Maybe Erudite-turned-Dauntless? I’m not sure. Definitely not Amity, though, I can promise you that much. I’m a jerk. 😀
Who do you think is a better archer? Merida, Katniss, Legolas or Hawkeye?
Hawkeye! Okay, realistically, probably Legolas (dem elf eyes tho), but I want to stick stubbornly on Hawkeye.
What book would you like to see as a movie?
*subtle coughing … wheezing … dying*
Do you prefer matching covers when it comes to series’?
I have an aneurysm every time they change the covers before I can get them all matching.
How’s life? ❤
Pretty good! ❤
11 Facts About Me
- I don’t watch much TV regularly, instead I go on Netflix binges each time I hit a reading slump. Currently I am binging Once Upon a Time and X-Files.
- I have a problem with shipping characters. Doesn’t matter if they’ve only said “hi” to one another in whatever medium they’re being presented in. If I think they’d be compatibly or fun, they’re shipped in my head.
- I hate water. It all has funny tastes to me. I’ll drink tea or coffee any day, almost any type, but hand me some water and I’ll probably forget it’s there after a while just so I don’t have to drink it.
- I have a strong affinity for space and space-related things. Not just pictures and prints, I’m talking about all of it. I once spent three hours in a wiki spiral on nothing but stellar nurseries and supernovae death while in a night lecture that the professor was late for and sent a sub in. I love space.
- I also tend to go on Let’s Play binges during slumps. I follow people and then binge their series for days to weeks at a time. Personal faves include: Markiplier, JackSepticEye, PressHeartToContinue, Vixella, and Cryaotic.
- I have cat headphones. 😀
- I have more sweatshirts and sweaters in my wardrobe than I do t-shirts and breezy things, despite living in Florida. Yeah, I don’t make much sense.
- If I were in Starfleet, I’d totally be an Astral Anthropologist.
- I stopped growing height- and width-wise (with the exception of some things) once I hit 15. Therefore, I have clothing and shoes that still fits from back then. And, yes, I do still wear them.
- Regardless of my age, I will always go back and purchase any new games released in the Pokemon, Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons, and Fire Emblem lines.
- I love changing my hair color and apparently even I can’t stop myself from doing so, despite telling myself I wouldn’t until my hair had grown out more.
- Favorite animal?
- Do you like listening to music while reading?
- Paperback or hardcover? eBook?
- Do you collect anything?
- Do you play any video games? What’s your favorite kind?
- Gimme a number! That’s it. I just wanted a number.
- Who’s an author you will always insta-read?
- Cats or dogs? Rabbits? Snakes?
- You’re being transported to the one fictional world you’ve always wanted to go to. Where are you?
- Did you meet anyone in this world?
- Now give me a good memory.
(Sorry for linking something else, I couldn’t find an “about” page)
I know that isn’t the right amount, but I’m in a little bit of a rush. I’m sorry!
And that’s all for this post. Thanks for reading!