Hell yeah, more readathons! I have a different tactic at the ready for this one. Will it work? Well, hopefully, but we’ll find out soon enough.
Dewey’s 24-hour readathon is exactly what it sounds like, a readathon that lasts 24 hours, and starts at a different time depending on where you live. Why? Because everyone starts at the same time around the world! Pretty cool, right? My start time is 8 am, which means I will miss a few hours while I sleep. Ain’t no way I’m getting up at 8 on a Saturday.
So, as mentioned in my Instagram post, I’m going to be approaching this a little differently than I normally do. Usually, I’d make myself finish one book before moving onto the next, but this time, I’m going to cycle through my chosen books. That means I’ll read one chapter of one, decide if I feel I can get through another, and move on to the next book if I think I can’t handle another chapter of the one I’m reading. I think this might help me get through more reading, even if it means I don’t read a single book from start to finish.
Ir’s not a new concept, but I’ve never tried it before!
It also means my currently-reading on Goodreads is going to be a little huge. But, oh well. Nothing new there.
Now, onto what I’ll be reading:
- Altered by Gennifer Albin. I’ve been reading this one for a while, and I really need to get through it and get onto the next book. The last one isn’t even very big!
- Mad Mary Lamb by Susan Tyler Hitchcock. I started this one for another readathon and need to get finishing it, also.
- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. One that’s been on my shelf for a really long time!
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. Got this one from the library, despite having so many books on my shelves that need reading. I figured it was better than buying it.
- Waiting for Unicorns by Beth Huatala. Another library book, but, again, better than buying it! Right?
And that’s my TBR for the readathon! No idea how it’ll go, but hey. I’ll try.
Side note, is Goodreads acting obnoxiously sluggish lately or is that just my internet? Hm…
Anyway. Thanks for reading!