I said I’d find a readathon for this month, and I did! Not quite one I was expecting to find, but I’m pleased to be taking part in it all the same.
Tome Topple (or, #tometopple) is a readathon created by Sam over at Thoughts on Tomes, and the goal is to knock out some of the bigger (500+ pages) books you have sitting on your shelves. An added bonus is that it lasts for two weeks instead of one, which makes attempting to get through more than one 500+ pager a lot easier to do.
Due to the fact none of my books that I chose for my June TBR are over 500 pages, I had to dig out some others from my shelves, so I’ll just be reading these in addition to what I had said I would read on my June TBR post.
The challenges are pretty easy to follow, too, and I plan on attempting at least four of the five.
- Read more than one 500+ page book.
- Take graphic novel breaks. (For this one, I might instead take novella breaks, since I read Marvel Unlimited constantly anyway and don’t really consider this one a challenge.)
- Read a book that is part of a series.
- Read over 500 pages in one week.
- Read a 500+ page adult novel.
My biggest issue with these will be the final one, as I apparently don’t have many books that meet the 500+ page quota in the first place. If I manage to read the ones I have planned, I’ll take a trip to the library to see what I can find. In the meantime, here’s what I’ll be planning to read:
- Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore (563 pages; for challenge #3)
- Strykers by K.M. Ruiz (640 pages)
- Void by Rhiannon Lassiter (669 pages; technically a bind-up, but I’m having trouble finding more 500+ page books)
And that’s all I’ve got for the moment. Should I finish all of these, I’ll make an update post about what I’ll be doing. I might have more books somewhere on my shelves, but these jumped out at me first, so they get to go first.
Thanks for reading!