!! BEWARE OF SPOILERS !!
I’m only putting something here so that the preview bit of the post doesn’t start showing the parts of the liveblog, which at any point could possibly be spoilers. Is this big enough? Hopefully.
- Here we go here we go here we goooooo
- Master spies.
- Look at them go.
- Nancy RUN
- R U N.
- Oh, ew.
- HOLY SHIT, EL.
- Kick its ASS!!!
- So cool.
- Aaaand so gross. Ew.
- Billy 😦
- I swear to GOD. D&D I WILL COME TO YOUR HOUSE.
- LEAVE BILLY ALONE.
- Alexei is a little shit, but so funny.
- I hope the Russians don’t take him back.
- I want to keep him.
- Oh no, Hopper
- Bad idea
- No, bad.
- Oh no.
- DAMN, Hopper.
- Nooooo Steve.
- Why does Steve always get his ass handed to him?
- I mean it’s kind of funny since he’s “King Steve” and all but man, you’d think he’d win ONE.
- He can’t go a single season.
- Alexei seems so familiar.
- Like the actor, not the character.
- Fat Rambo
- Erica’s character is awesome.
- Poor Lucas didn’t get a single brain cell because the genome was saving them all for Erica.
- Yesssss Steve and Robin.
- Still don’t ship it but MAN I love their rapport.
- Robin is awesome.
- Oh my god.
- “See that table to your right?” *Steve looks left* “No, your other right.”
- Loved it.
- Love them.
- So, wait. If Steve is out of school now, but Robin isn’t and they had a class together, was Robin ahead or Steve behind?
- (Both seem like very plausible options.)
- (Also this is so cliche. Cute, though.)
- Is that truth serum or something?
- This is going to end badly isn’t it.
- FUCK I forgot about that from the trailer.
- Great scene to scare us.
- Don’t hurt Steve.
- Oop and now?
- Well this is terrifying.
- Awe no, Billy.
- Oh no.
- Same, Hopper.
- HELL yeah, Joyce.
- You tell ’em.
- How the hell was Alexei able to sleep through all of that racket?
- Uh oh and back to Steve and Robin.
- I’m going to love and hate this, I can already tell.
- Don’t hurt them I s2g.
- I’m just getting attached to literally everyone.
- This song is JAMMING.
- God, Billy has so many problems. The poor guy.
- (If he dies I RIOT.)
- (I know I keep saying that but so many shows and books and video games follow the “kill the mentally unstable kid bc they’re a douche (due to traumas that aren’t explored)” trope and I’m SO SICK OF IT.
- LOOKIN’ @ U LIFE IS STRANGE among others but that would bring on major spoilers
- Back to the show.
- Well, there’s a discrepancy from the book already. The part where Billy meets Max, he looks much younger than I remember him being described as in the book.
- I could be very wrong, though.
- Wait, what.
- What the FUCK.
- WHERE’S BILLY
- WHERE THE HELL IS BILLY???
God, I’m getting SO NERVOUS NOW. I was nervous before, but MAN. I CAN’T STOP.
A really, really good episode. I absolutely loved how it gave a really good insight to Billy’s early life with his mom and how his dad treated the both of them, and also how his mom outright left him alone with a man she knew treated her son like shit. No wonder Billy is how he is. The kid needs serious therapy and to get away from his dad.
The truth serum scene left a little to be desired. I was hoping for more good quips from the both of them, but I guess we get plenty outside of that small bit and beggars can’t be choosers, plus maybe it’s not worn off yet and we’ll get more. Or something like that. Idk. I’m glad they were busted out, though. Time to get the whole gang together!
We’re closing in fast on the ending, with only two episodes left and a lot of shit left to hit that fan. I’m a little scared this is going to end on a nasty cliffhanger itself and we’ll have to wait a whole ‘nother year for season 4. (There are only 5 planned seasons, right? I think. Can’t remember.) I’m not ready for it to end, honestly. This one is so much faster-paced than the previous seasons, which I both like and don’t like. Nothing will ever beat that first season, though. Nothing.
Onto the next!
Thanks for reading!