!! BEWARE OF SPOILERS !!
I’m only putting something here so that the preview bit of the post doesn’t start showing the parts of the liveblog, which at any point could possibly be spoilers. Is this big enough? Hopefully.
- Awe, it’s nice that Mrs. Wheeler did a whole 180 from her creepy Billy thing at the start.
- With her family and having a good time.
- Uh, Holly?
- Oh, no.
- Oh noooooooo.
- OH FUCK.
- They’re going to kill Steve jfc.
- He probably has a concussion ffs.
- Oh here we go.
- “Boop.” That’s my boy.
- FUCK YEAH.
- I love how Nancy always goes for the shotgun.
- Love it.
- She’s such a badass.
- GO JONATHAN
- The rest of the scene was so intense I completely forgot I was liveblogging my thoughts.
- EW STEVE.
- TRASH POPCORN IS A NO.
- Alexei in the background while Murray chews out Hopper and Joyce.
- Holy Shit, Nancy.
- He tries.
- Poor Mike omg.
- Just tell her, hun.
- Dustin, you’ll never learn.
- And they’re gone!
- Whoop gotta mute.
- That’s a phone.
- Lucas. I love you.
- And now they’re arguing again.
- Why are you lying on a public bathroom floor like that Robin.
- That’s vile.
- Steve stop leaning on that disgusting toilet pls.
- Awe, Steve.
- You were just lying on it, Robin.
- OH FUCKING PLOT TWIST.
- HELL YEAH.
- SO WAIT CAN YOU BE THE POWERHOUSE TEAM OF MY DREAMS THEN???
- THANK YOU.
- Oh Billy’s a-okay.
- Well, I mean. Not totally. But, you know.
- He’s not goo.
- Counting my blessings here.
- Also, damn Dacre.
- Those eyes.
- He has such pretty eyes wtf.
- “Turns people to dust” IF YOU HURT ANY OF MY CHILDREN
- Alexei is so cute omg.
- Look at him go.
- Oh no.
- Come ON.
- WHAT DID I JUST SAY.
- There’s going to be a hall of mirrors moment, calling it.
- Why did you have to kill Alexei???
- Knew it.
- How TF did Hopper know that?
- Oh, god.
- Fuck, I was hoping he was wrong.
- Hell yeah, El!
- Of course they end on that note.
- Of course.
Absolutely amazing episode. My favorite one of the season so far, even though they killed off Alexei and I’m going to be salty about it for the next few years at least.
I love that they plot-twisted us and made Robin a lesbian. I love it. I loved Robin before simply for her character, but now that she’s queer I’m really, really hoping she’ll be around and be able to talk to Will about things and maybe help him out on that front if it ever comes to that point in the show. THANK YOU FOR NOT SLAPPING HER UP WITH STEVE. I do feel bad for Steve’s whole “forever alone” thing, but I like that they’re letting him develop on his own like this, with friends instead of romantic interests. My aro side is showing, yeah, okay, but I like it!
The scenes for this whole episode were just so great. From the flip-side babysitting of Dustin and Erica for Robin and Steve to the hunt for the Russians and the Hall of Mirrors (cliche, but still cool) moment, it all just kept me on my toes. Also? Nancy. Fuckin’ love how she goes for her shotgun and is a total badass about it. Robin might be a very close second by the end of this, but Nancy is still my favorite girl. I’m not ready for this showdown. I’m so scared.
Please save Billy. I’m begging you. You don’t have to adopt him into the circle of badassery that is the main crew (though I would LOVE that, so, you know, think about it maybe), but keep him alive. And safe by the end of this. Maybe give him someone to talk to.
Just don’t kill him. He doesn’t deserve death.
Onto the last!
Thanks for reading!