Totally thought I already signed up for this. Apparently didn’t!
#Spookathon 2019 is a readathon hosted by BooksandLala over on YouTube and will be taking place on October 14th to October 20th, and the goal is to tick off the challenges and read spooky books for the month! I’m a little swamped as I continue to not only get ready for NaNoWriMo this year, but also continue taking part in a daily fanfiction prompt challenge that I did not think through even slightly!
It’s going to be a busy couple of months… anyway!
The challenges are:
- Read a thriller
- Read a book with red on the cover
- Read a book with a spooky word in the title
- Read a book with a spooky setting
- Read something you wouldn’t normally read
And I will be reading:
- If We Were Villains by M. L. Rio
- Read this one last year during the Halloween season and LOVED it (review here 😉 ) and I want to repeat the not-tradition this year and see if I still love it as much as I did last year.
- You by Caroline Kepnes
- This one has a whole lotta red on the cover, so it fits! I’m also told it’s super creepy.
- Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw
- Wicked is a spooky word, right?
- House of Salt and Sorrows by Erin A. Craig
- I actually don’t really know the setting of this one, but I saw in passing that it’s very creepy, so I’m sticking this one in for creepy setting!
- I’m willing to read… basically everything. I don’t know what to read for this one, so I might skip it? I don’t know.
… and that’s my TBR!
I might also being taking part in Dewey’s this month, but it depends on how much left I have to get done in regards to my writing, so we’ll see.
Thanks for reading!