NEW YEAR BAYBEEEEEE
Whew. Whole different vibe from last year, huh? I have my moments.
Anyway, we’re not going to go hard with the goals this year, but we are going to go a little harder than the year before. I feel like I can do it this time! They’re going to be reading goals for the most part, and I would like to get a good chunk of my TBR done (though not too big of a chunk, I’m supposed to be moving).
- Read 150 books
- Easy peasy! I was going to try for more, but, again, moving. Maybe I’ll plow through a decent amount of audiobooks, but I don’t trust myself not to rebel against my own parameters, so here we are!
- Read 50 owned books
- Read at least one Agatha Christie a month
- This is actually something I’m going to be doing with my mom and sister, since we’ve all have been wanting to read some of her works. It might end up being more than one a month, but the base goal is one a month!
- Take part in BooksandLala’s Buzzwordathon Challenge
- Pretty self-explanatory! It won’t be the first time I’ve attempted the challenge, but it’ll be the first time I’m going to try documenting it, and hopefully that will hold me accountable! I already have a list of books I already own that match the prompts (… kind of), so I’m really excited to do this one!
- Listen to one season of a podcast a month
- I am SO behind on my podcasts. I barely listened to any this past year, and I really need to catch up. I also want to restart The Magnus Archives (yes, again, you can pry Jon out of my cold, dead hands), so that’ll take up a few slots.
- Finish one of my damn knitting projects!
- I have a lot of hobbies. One of those hobbies is knitting. A problem with that hobby is that I start projects, and then never finish them. It’s embarrassing how many I have started (I don’t know the exact number, but it’s at least 10 — thank you Ravelry) and this year I want to get one (just ONE) done.
Okay, I think… that’s all I want to try for. Obviously I’ll be going for a few more things, but I am genuinely worried I’ll get so caught up in the moving thing that I’ll botch all my other plans, so we’ll just do these and see how I fare at the end of the year.
Thanks for reading, and have a good New Year!